Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sharing My Creations and Gods


Hello friends...first I would like to take just a moment to say "thank you" for all of your kind and understanding comments about my planned breaks from the internet world. From the comments I received, it looks like I am not the only one feeling overwhelmed by it all. 
I have already spent hours more in my studio than before, so I'm happy to say that my break has been very productive so far. I thought I would give you a peak at some things I have been playing with this past week.
It seems I have completely conquered my Ziphobia . I have been using up some of my many beautiful designer remnant fabric pieces and quilting cottons. Some of these designer fabrics I could never afford by the yard...very pricey. I'm lucky because although Warrenton is a teeny tiny town, it is home to a fabulous quilt shop and a high end fabric shop.
I have been putting together some sweet cosmetic and lingerie bags. I really love how they are turning out. I am trying to embellish them to make them a little out of the ordinary and pretty to use.
A few shabby roses with vintage eyelet from my friend Heather over at Bebe and Alice.
I found these dainty crocheted cotton doilies at a new local thrift shop. I bought 3 beautiful doilies and a very cool soft red linen tea towel (can anyone say 'couture apron?) for only $1.00!!
I have been holding on to this elegant gold crinkle silk for ages. It was the perfect choice for a feminine ruffle.

So happy I bought a large remnant piece of this gold...I will be using it to dress things up...so soft and pretty.
Now here is a creation I had nothing to do with. While in New York last weekend, my niece Amber and I were driving on a country road and I spotted this scene. Poor Amber...she had no idea how her Aunt Janet is likely to come to a screeching halt in the middle of the road to capture a something like this. This little filly was obviously a newborn. Her super long legs and lovely knobby knees were so darn cute. She was very busy nursing from her proud Mom. I had to capture this so I could share with all of you....see, I'm still thinking about you guys ;-).
Until next time....be kind and stay creative.

17 comments:

Michelle Palmer said...

They are beautiful! Such pretties~
Love your momma and baby picture, too... screeching halts! ha!ha!

Annette said...

Such pretty things you've been making! The silk makes a gorgeous ruffle! What a sweet picture. I can't tell you how many times I would like to have come to a screeching halt to capture a moment but didn't have my camera! One of these days I'll remember it....

Lisalulu said...

BEAUTIFUL, just beautiful femine pouches! and love that your creative energy is at full tilt!!! keep it going.. and be sure to show us!

Anna K. said...

What beautiful creations! So elegant and feminen.

I just love that photo of the new baby too!

SewSweetStitches said...

Aww I love the ruffles and the doily, so sweet!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Lovely as always Janet - I am so glad you are enjoying your time !

Anonymous said...

You've got your mojo and your sewing machine working...they are lovely :D
Great deal at the thrift shop too.
~Victoria~

oh, thanks for taking the time to snap that photo of the horses...:D

Kathleen Grace said...

Love the bag with the doily corner. You think of the cutest things to do with your creations! Yay for you getting more studio time! Yay for us for all the cute things we will be seeing:>)

Marie said...

Good to hear from you again - to say we missed you is beside the point. I love the work you've been doing - keep it up.

Hugs - Marie

Kelly Ann said...

welcome back...

Aprons and More said...

Nice!! I 'm happy to see what you have been creating! Thanks for sharing...love the ponies!

Katy :)

Dar said...

I adore your charming little bags. I can see them to be very useful. So precious.
Just as precious as the little filly. I would also have stopped.

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi Janet~ ~Thanks for stopping by for a visit. Your aprons are so sweet. I have been sewing aprons too but just for me and gifts. I really love the whole vintage 50's idea of an apron around the house.
Read your thoughts on blogging and just wanted to say that it can become all consuming. I have seen it in me but now I just post when I can but do try to do a post every week but sometimes it goes 2 weeks. I do like the follow buttom so that I can be informed when someone i'm following makes a new post so please don't delete yours.

~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Atelier Conti said...

Love the new creations! You've been using your time wisely this week!;^D

w said...

you are seriously way awesome with your mixing of fabrics and vintage finds. i love it!

Claire said...

Hey Janet, congratulations on conquering your ziphobia, I must have a go at a zip or two, it's been quite some time.
Love the new bags, great fabrics and little touches with the doily and flowers etc.
Thanks for dropping by recently, it's always so nice to hear from you.

Sandy said...

My gosh I've missed seeing your blog before. Kath at Kathy's Cottage sent me your way and I'm glad I came. I'm so inspired by your work.