Thursday, June 7, 2012

~ mod podge love ~

Hello friends......thanks for joining me this week.
Mr. Secret Agent had given me flowers a while back (thanks hon!). 
They came in this tall yellow metal bucket, which was lovely, however the yellow was a tad too bright.
But you already know I can fix that..right?
Out came the Mod Podge, antique sheet music and 
CHALK PAINT™ brand decorative paint in Graphite.

After thoroughly cleaning the metal bucket, I started applying the Mod Podge in small sections
and adhering small torn pieces of sheet music.

I started at the bottom and worked my way up, overlapping pieces as I went along.
It went very quickly and when finished covering the piece, 
I gave the whole thing a final coat of matte Mod Podge.
I painted the exposed handles and edges with Graphite CHALK PAINT™ because it adheres to metal with no priming..so cool!

I went outside and picked two Hydrangea stems for a little photo shoot.

I think my bucket vase is much more stylish now.

Mod Podge and CHALK PAINT™ a match made in Heaven!

And here is just a sneak peak of some sewing I have been doing lately. 
Creating some cheerful aprons for my new shop.
Lot's of color pops!
Until next time.....be kind and stay creative.

                                                          

14 comments:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Hi honey
So love your transformation of the bucket. How did you ever think of putting sheet music on it. lol
Wish I had your creative mind and a sweet hubby to bring me flowers.
Your aprons are so cute!
Hope you are well. I am having a Novica giveaway and was hoping you could come by and put your name in the hat.
Love
Maggie

Kelly Ann said...

Beautimus...
xoxo
KA

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

It looks great! I am lovin' your hydrangeas too!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love that bucket and what a cute colorful apron.

Anne said...

What could be better than mod podge, ASAP and some cute aprons. Looks like your having fun. Good luck on your new adventure.
Anne

Claire said...

Hey Janet, the bucket looks brilliant.....just love it and those Hydrangeas........the most gorgeous blue. Loving the apron colours too.....
I imagine your garden looks a treat at the moment....

Have a great weekend,

Claire x

Get Rid of Scabies said...

I have been wanting to share some of what I have been busy with and just now have had the extra time to put this post together.

Kathleen said...

I love how this turned out! WONDERFUL!

NanaDiana said...

Janet- I absolutely LOVE that bucket. It looks great. I wish I could grow that color hydrangea here...no such luck. Can't wait to see your aprons. xo Diana

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love it!

glaudius said...

Very nice, but why is your etsy shop empty ?

Anonymous said...

I love what you have done to the bucket, it is really stylish.

Anonymous said...

The apron looks as though it's going to really pretty and fun for summertime. Love your bucket!

Amy W. said...

You are one summer busy girl!!
Love the inspiration you give!!
Take care!!