Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Let's visit my Salvation Macy's !

Warning......this post contains lots of photos and bargians...so be warned, you might need a mid post snack  ;->

Hello friends.......whenever I post about my Salvation Macy's (Army) store, I always get e-mails asking about it. I thought you might like to come along with me since it is Wednesday and you know what happens there on Wednesdays...25% off EVERYTHING!!!!
So hop in the car and come along with me...
My store is located on Balls Ford Road in Manassas, Virgina.


Just like every Wednesday, the parking lot is packed.
When you walk in the front doors, this is what you see. Racks and racks of fabulousness!


 They take the time to arrange all the furniture as if it was in a home. Let me tell you, if I was a young person, this is where I would shop if I needed to fill a new apartment or home.


I love how they set all the tables as if someone was coming for dinner.


Just look at this incredable sofa!! Solid construction and in just like new condition. I loved the pretty pleating at the bottom. If you didn't like the fabric, you could easily pop a slipcover on this beauty.
I think it was less than $120.00 with another 25% off. What a bargain!

                  

I can just  see Miss Mustard Seed turning this coffee table into an painted and glazed piece of lovliness ...$39.00 plus 25% off!

Are you into dolls...they have them in all sizes and all are at a ridiculously low price. Who remembers having a bride doll as a young girl. I had a 3 foot beauty and one year I remember marrying her off to my little brother Ricky.


Sterling silver of every style and all, you guessed it....cheap!


This is where I always find fabulous crystal, porcelain and glassware. I especially love finding beautiful etched crystal. All usually .99 to $1.99 each..plus 25% off


My one stop source for wool and cashmere sweaters for my felting and they always have all colors grouped together...they are soooo good.


Need designer jeans, high dollar clothing labels and like new condition garments..they have it all.


These Chico's ladies jackets still had their $130.00 plus tags hanging. I counted about 8 of them in all different styles. Why wasn't I a size 2??????


This always makes me sad. All these lovely wedding gowns that once were part of someones special day. I always wonder why they ended up here...did the marriage end or did someone get cold feet?
I particularly liked the 1920's style gown with all that gorgeous lace.
These dresses were all around $39.00-$69.00..plus 25%off.
Perfect Halloween costume or theatrical costume.

I wasn't going to go the Salvation Macy's today since I was achy and tired from all my kitchen painting. Something in my head told me to go...so I went.
I am so glad I did because I found this beauty
*
*
*
*


Country Living Photo Credit
MY DREAM CHAIR!!

Quick explanation...I have been searching for a year for a livingroom chair that I could sew a fitted slipcover for. Not just any chair...I'm very fussy. The chair had to be of solid construction, have beautiful bones and style, be clean, not smelly, no stains and comfortable to sit in.
Most of all it had to be ...how do I say this....cheap!
This lovely chair has all of the above. I could not believe how sturdy it was and so pristinely clean. I doubt this chair ever had a child sit in it. Even the arm covers were sort of custom fitted in a really cool way.
Best of all it was $54.95 plus 25% off!!!!!!!
Can you belive my luck?
Well I hope you enjoyed your little visit to my favorite shop. Big thanks to store manager Joe and the beautiful Vilma for all their help today.

Until next time...be kind and stay creative





21 comments:

Marion said...

Oh Janet - what a place. There is NOTHING like that here.
I think I might just come over for a visit!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

What a great place! And I know just where it is. I used to live in Northern Virginia. I may have to make a special trip down to that SA!

Bobby - #4 said...

So....how's Ricky and the doll doing? Still together?

Kelly Ann said...

That chair was a steal....
thanks for stopping by today..always love a visit from you...
xoxo
KA

Sarah AKA The Thriftress said...

That is the most amazing SA - so, so clean and organized! The one in Gaithersburg is small, cramped and messy! GGGR. I'm going to Manassas!
Sarah

Sandra Wilkes said...

I felt right at home. We have a Salv Macy's too...and a big, new Goodwill! There's just no end to the fun! I want to try felting like you do too! So little time...

Laurie said...

can't wait to see the end result of your find!

The LadyBugs Garden said...

I love going thrift shopping. Our stores are not this nice here either. I hit on Tuesday and all the clothes was $1 each.. Today 50% off clothes.. I bought alot of sweater to do crafts with...yahooo

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Our store does NOT look like that! I always wonder why they don't get a little more organized so stuff is easier to find. I think I'll show them your pics...lol! A little inspiration from one Salvation Army to another!

www.thegraydogdesign.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

What a fun, thrifty post. Great finds, love those thrifted bargains! I particularly love the chair you found and your plans for it. Can't wait to see the finished product. Looks like 2 hrs and 22 min would have me at the same store. Might have to think about skipping work some Wednesday for a NoVa shopping trip! Maybe we could meet for lunch...?...

Aprons and More said...

Such a pretty store! I liked the way they painted the ductwork red...makes it look like a high end store! Mom said she had that coffee table, well really just the end tables, back in the day bought new in 1959! She said they were from Lane and of good quality and of solid wood! Makes me want to go shopping...

Thanks for sharing!

Katy :)

I had the Bride doll too!

Annette said...

No wonder you love shopping there! Like everyone else, the stores where I shop here are small, dark and cramped. And on the pricey side for thrift shops! Thanks for taking us with you today! Have fun with the chair!

Lisalulu said...

I am panting this was beautiful.. I have NEVER seen any store like this. Out west, we got 'nothin' like this. oh my, what great deals! in EVERY department. maybe it's a good thing there aren't stores like this! I'd be in debt. That chair is PERFECT

Kathleen Grace said...

Your SA has better prices than mine, and it's huge! Lucky you finding that great chair:>)

Claire said...

Hey Janet, what a massive store. I would have to take a bag full of bread crumbs and leave a trail behind me, just so I wouldn't get lost.

Those woollen jumpers have got me, what a great range of colours, love green.

Love your chair too, am sure you will do something stunning with it.

Have a great weekend,

Claire X

Leigh Powell Hines said...

I think you are so talented to be able to take things like you see and turn them into such beautiful creations. If I went there, I would just see an out of style sweater. Love your talent!

Shanae Branham said...

What a fun tour! Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting me on my blog!

Terri said...

Oh my, if the SA I go to looked like this one I would go every Wednesday! It's nice to shop through someone elses eyes. Had a great time. Love your chair! Hugs, Terri

Jennifer Juniper said...

I can't wait to see what you do with that chair!

Julie said...

Hi Janet! I was wondering if you do different size aprons? My mum is a curvier lady, and I'm not sure that the aprons that your lovely slim niece models in the Etsy shop, would fit her. Reason i think I'd like to buy her an apron is because every time I am home, she seems to wear the same old one which is falling apart. Your creations are sooooo beautiful! Also, do you have any full aprons-with a top part also? I think my Mum would like that best. It's Mothers day in the UK in around a month, so I'd love to send her something nice from your shop. Please let me know. Kind regards, Julie

Anonymous said...

necessary protein builds muscle tissue, remember that muscle tissue weighs about over
body fat, so that you might in fact put on weight from 1st

Have a look at my page :: fast weight reduction product