Sunday, May 31, 2009

Adios until next May...Peonies in Pink


Well I am very sad to say these beauties are the last of my blooming Peonies for this year. I am always so happy to see them bloom and so sad to see them fade away. After giving it much thought, I think I prefer it that way. If they bloomed all year I think I would take them for granted and not fully appreciate their beauty and resilience. Whether you believe in a higher entity or not, you have to admit these flowers are too perfect to be here haphazardly. Their is a reason and for me that reason is joy.....they bring me great joy.
On a lighter note, I want to thank all my new friends who have entered my giveaway. This is my first one and I think I will doing one every month. It is just too much fun to wake up every morning , log on and see all my new blog friends. I love reading all your blogs or visiting your online shops. What great networking! The giveaway is open until June 5, Friday...so tell your friends to join in. Just follow my blog and leave a comment..that's it. Well I must close, I just took some photos of all my new spring/summer line of totes and other treasures and must list them in my Etsy shop. Until next time, be kind and stay creative.

4 comments:

Wanda..... said...

I was admiring the last of mine one day and the next day...heavy rain did them in...

quiltcat said...

I love peonies, too, Janet! do you ever get out to Country Flower Garden in Amissville? she has hundreds of gorgeous peonies, daylilies, and irises blooming, and plants for sale! I agree wholeheartedly you with you that the fact that the flowers are ephemeral makes us appreciate them more...that's how i feel about all four seasons, in fact.

Chasing Snails said...

Peonies are such beautiful flowers, one of my absolute fav's... too bad I seem to have a black thumb as opposed to a green one!

BumbleVee said...

oh, how I wish my peonies could bloom all year. I know I wouldn't take them for granted.... EVER! I love them so much and they are there for such a short time...

beautiful