Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Welcome Baby Eastern Bluebirds!

They are here!!!! Say hello to the newest addition to the Metzger bird family. Two of my Bluebird boxes had eggs in them and these guys were the first to hatch. So tiny and quite bald. Mom and dad are taking good care of them. We also have a Robin family in the tall Leyland Cypress off the back deck and a Morning Dove family in the front Leyland. Some Sparrow babies round out the Metzger nursery. New life all around!
I have not blogged in a while due to a nasty bug someone in NY was kind enough to share last week. I felt like death warmed over for the better part of a week. Thankfully felt good enough by Saturday to man my booth at the local street festival. Because of all the talking I did to customers, I was quite hoarse by Saturday evening and slept most of Sunday. Happily, I am very well now and will be spending most of this week photographing all my new creations to put in my Etsy shop. I can't wait for you guys to see all I have been doing...lot's of new stuff.
Well I will post again soon...need to get my second cup of joe and step out on the back deck to bask in the glorious sunshine...be kind and stay creative.

2 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Sorry to hear you've been ill...I've been taking photos of nests myself...will be looking for your new items.

Bits of Fiber said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Janet! Those baby birds are so cute. Love them. :-0