Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sweet Sweaters


Morning friends..just a quick post to show you a few of my latest creations. I am having 'sew' much fun putting these little beauties together. It is like playing with doll clothes and since I have sons only, it has been a real treat. Lot's of time, labor and handsewing goes into my upcycled fashions, but they are so worth it in the end.  I hope you agree and if you don't... don't tell me as it would break my heart ;-)  I know I some very talented and crafty ladies out there and any opinions on how to improve my sewing techniques is greatly appreciated. I have never considered myself a 'seamtress', but I do enjoy playing with my machine.


All of these started out as adult pullover or turtleneck wool and cashmere sweaters that I rescued from my local thrift shop. God bless all you people who ignore the washing directions on their labels ;-) It gives me so many fabulous garments to work with.


Love the vintage diamond buttons I added to this snowy white beauty.


All the embellishing is also felted sweater pieces and the design goes round to the back. I love how Merino wool felts..such a fine gauge.


Pretty caplet sleeves add to this cardigan's femininity and I love the antique crochet lace collar I added.  Good for winter over a turtleneck or perfect for spring.


More antique lace collars. I snap them up whenever I find a good bargain. Also more felted sweater embellishments. I am in the process of listing them in my Etsy shop, but I am hoping to sell them in NY this weekend. Wish me luck! Until next time...be kind and stay creative.

2 comments:

Annette said...

These sweaters are beautiful! I especially love the white one and the one with the collars. Good job!

Tweed Thoughts said...

I think these are fabulous Janet - really creative! I don't consider myself a seamstress either - don't like getting caught up in too much technicalities! I'm always trying to improve my sewing skills too tho :) Hope all goes well for this weekend in NY - how exciting!