Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Do Whatever You Want!****UPDATE!!

I love those words...I can't tell you how excited I get when a customer orders an apron and gives me 'carte blanche' or do whatever I like.  A lovely friend of mine from my old Kingwood, Texas stomping grounds, e-mailed me just such a request. She saw the apron I created for Somerset Studios 'Apron*ology' magazine and wanted me to make something similar in a full length style. This is so much fun!
Luckily I happened to have some of the same fabric that she admired in the other apron. She is a petite lady, so I did not need very much. So far I have paired it with a beautiful blue and cream French toile designer fabric.
I searched through my fabric stash and I'm thinking of adding a soft feminine ruffle with this beautiful rose floral cotton. I adore the pale pink background and I think it will go nicely with the lovely pink toile bib. Maybe the ties and neck with that floral also. My friend loves vintage, so I think I will be embellishing her apron with some of these antique hankies, cotton eyelet or maybe part of this gorgeous table runner.
Ok...those are my creative thoughts for now...off to the studio to bring this lady to life.
Until next time, be kind and stay creative.
PS...don't forget Friday is Pieday and this one is a wonderful savory pie your family will love!!
*********************Update************************************************




Well here she is all completed. I think I kept the same feel as the Apronology apron my friend admired. I hope she will enjoy her new couture apron for many years to come. Wow...this was so much fun ;-)

13 comments:

Erica said...

Yeah,I love that too :)

Atelier Conti said...

Gorgeous! What a fun project.

Annette said...

Your friend is a lucky lady! Have fun!

Aprons and More said...

What a fun way to spend the day! Love it!!

Liz Noonan said...

i love it! beautiful!

The LadyBugs Garden said...

Hey its me new owner of the Beautiful Apron you just designed..I love it!! I had seen the beginning and then now the finished product..whow luv Janet

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

So happy you approve...she was so much fun to create..I love her soft colors.

Jennifer Juniper said...

Cake lady here! That apron is a work of art!

Susan - said...

I love this apron - the colors and fabric are wonderful. What a work of art!

Fifi Flowers said...

WOW.. that's GREAT!

Resweater said...

Wow! I've never wanted an apron before now!

Patricia said...

It looks perfect! Congratulations! I´m sure it will be much appreciated!

Patricia

Aprons and More said...

Love it! That what I would have chosen! I was thinking the floral and lace...but I didn't want to say anything and wait and see what you came up with. You must have read my mind! You need to make more!

I have an old man's buttondown (from Goodwill) that I am try to make into an apron...when I have time! Maybe by the weekend I can get back to it! Will let you know!

Katy :)