Monday, September 27, 2010

If flowers could smile

Hello friends...it's raining! We have not had any significant rainfall in quite a while and my plants and flowers are really struggling to survive. But I woke up this morning to the lovely sound of rain..a nice slow and steady rain. Hallelujah!!
 These are the begonias I bought during my Amish weekend in April. I have never been able to grow begonias, but my luck changed this year. These beauties have bloomed constantly all Spring/Summer and now into the Fall.
 Any Orange flowers get my vote! You can see the leaf stress as the edges got crispy and brown.
 My basil is loving the bath...perfect for my Tomato & Basil soup.
 The colors are so intense on these begonias that it is difficult to photograph them. They always end up looking fluorescent. 
 I adore Marigolds and these are courtesy of my bird friends. Now if I can only get the birds to seed all my flower boxes next year  ;-)
Oh yes...I absolutely believe flowers can smile!
Until next time...be kind and stay creative.

10 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

WOW...your basil looks beautiful....mine is so sad...

Gretel said...

You still have marigolds!!! All our summer annuals are pretty much over now, yours look so healthy and happy - the Amish obviously know how to produce healthy stock.

Atelier Conti said...

OOOOOh so pretty Janet! I love your flowers and hooray for a sweet gentle rain. I can just feel them drinking it up and praising the skies!

I wish I could once be first to make a comment on your blog, as you are almost always the first on mine! But you're so popular :^)! Way too much competition! I really appreciate your comments, my dear friend. I wish you WOULD get on a plane and come on over! We'll show you a great time!

outofthedark said...

what a very pretty post.
cheers my spirit. thanks, friend :)

Annette said...

I believe your flowers are definitely smiling!! And it's a great post to cheer me on this gloomy wet Monday!

Wanda..... said...

Your flowers made me smile, Janet. We're having a nice slow and steady rain here too today, after very drought like conditions, that did in most of my flowers and and garden plants earlier than usual. Yours are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous plants, they look so healthy and the colors are radiant. I have never been able to grow begonias, thanks for sharing yours they are so beautiful. Hugs

Aprons and More said...

Yippee for the rain!!! We finally got rain here too..5 1/2 inches...after weeks of no rain! Most of it fell Sunday afternoon and that night. My plants and the trees are so happy!!

Katy :)

Biba said...

Gorgeous flowers, they really are!

Victoria said...

Beautiful flowers & pictures!