Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sweet Birdy Love Indeed!

Hello friends, I hope your weekend was relaxing and I thank you for coming back to visit with me. I want to share with you a very special package from my cyber friend Claire that arrived in my mailbox on Friday afternoon.
 I have mentioned to you before about my fascination with how the internet has the power to bring strangers together. People who live on opposite ends of the world and would normally never in their lifetime have the chance to be friends somehow find each other. During my short time as a 'blogstress' I have made so many important and strong bonds with some fabulous and generous people. You guys know who you are...names are not necessary.
So Friday afternoon I found this  in my mailbox!
How beautiful is this pincushion?? Looks to be created from upcycled wool sweaters (I'm in love already!) Claire said she was inspired by my Knapp Farm post which you can see here.
Pretty sunflowers with delicate thread work. Take a close look to see the teeny little bumble bee...OMG.

As if that was not creative enough...turn it over and I found the most lovely sentiment stitched in black cursive handwriting. I'm starting to get teary eyed at this point.
I then open the second pink package and I found these gorgeous vintage doilies...you know how I love my doilies!
Yet another tissue paper package held these three handmade note cards. Just read the fronts and tell me these were not custom made for me!!  This lady is so creative. Now I am in full crying mode.  Claire..Claire...Claire...what am I going to do with you?
All these generous and beautiful gifts came to me from the land down under, Australia. My bloggy friend Claire from Sweet Birdy Love Blog is one sweet and creative gal. I am so happy that I found her blog. She is witty, creative, artistic and takes wonderful photos of her beautiful farmette ( I love her chicken stories).
Her handsome and very talented musician son Richard has recorded a wonderful CD and after I had trouble placing my internet order, Claire generously included it in her package.
I read the leaflet on her hometown, Yackandandah and it is on my list of lovely places to visit before I leave this world.
So Claire...all I can say is Thank you...Thank you...Thank you. I am genuinely touched by your thoughtfulness and generosity.
PS...the Cadbury Koala caramel chocolates where melted, but a quick pop into my freezer and they are as good as new and very yummy!
*****************************************
This weekend my sewing machine had her yearly spa treatment. While I was machineless, I worked on an idea for some pumpkins that would use up my larger felted sweater remnants. This is what I came up with. As soon as I picked up my machine I sewed up these two plush pumpkins.
I think they turned out great...just as I imagined them. They were so simple to put together. I plan on making more for my NY show in November. I hope they appeal to people for either Halloween or Thanksgiving.
Well that's it for now. Thanks again for visiting and remember.....
Be kind and stay creative.

11 comments:

Kelly Ann said...

What a wonderful friend you have....and some stinkin' cute pumpkins...

The LadyBugs Garden said...

Love these Pumpkins..Good friends can come from odd places...:)

Marie said...

What a wonderful friend. The blog has brought so many of us together whom we would have otherwise never met.

Hugs - Marie

Sweet Birdy Love said...

Hey Janet, so pleased the parcel arrived safely.Was hoping it would be a little cooler and the chokkies wouldn't melt, never mind.
The pincushion is a recycled jumper and I was just thinking the other day what I could do to reuse the larger remnants , your pumpkins are a wonderful idea and they look great . Your machine will be feeling the benefits of it's spa treatment and ready to get sewing no doubt.
Thankyou for your lovely and generous comments, friendships forged across the miles are very special.
The boys are back from another festival and have bought me a 'stinkin cute' (to quote Kelly Ann) birdhouse they found at a market. Shall post later in the week, my camera is playing up at the moment, grrrr......
Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Your friend in Oz,

Claire X

Annette said...

I don't know what I would do without my bloggy friends!

The pumpkins are adorable!!!

Gretel said...

You and Claire are a match made in Heaven, just several thousand miles apart (I didn't know you *knew* each other) she's certainly put together the perfect packet for you!

Atelier Conti said...

How adorable is that? The gifts, the pumpkins, the whole post! I know I feel grateful to have found YOU on the internet. It is an amazing world!

Kathleen Grace said...

What a wonderful package Janet! That must have just made your whole day, (maybe your whole week!) Love those felted pumpkins:>)

Jessica said...

Those are lovely!

Good luck with your NY show. :)

Leah said...

Amazing stuff!!

Leah said...

p.s. i had an aunt in warrenton, spent many holidays there. beautiful place :)