Monday, October 25, 2010

My Sky of Ocean Blues

Hello friends.. well my sisters arrived on Friday. I was so happy to see them. We had so much fun while we painted our snowmen gourds, drank good wine, ate good food, browsed around cool shops and enjoyed each others company. Oh...we also laughed ...a lot!
I took my sister Maddy on one of my walks with me and she helped me pull down some Bittersweet that was growing in a tree. I have been eyeing it for weeks, but it was out of my reach. After much struggling, we finally yanked it down...it was not a pretty picture. Thank heavens no one was on the road to witness our shenanigans. My sister Joanne was all smiles as she painted her first folkart snowman ever. I'm not sure, but it might have been the first crafty thing ever for Jo. She was funny as she texted to everyone she knew, a cell phone picture of 'Gourdy' the snowman. Yeah...she named him!
They left this morning and I am sad. I miss them already. 
After they left, I headed back to my studio and my sewing machine. I spent all day sewing with some of the wonderful vintage tablecloths (1940's) and lot's of pretty cottons.
I created this pretty extra large pouch. Great for keeping your favorite personal items together or maybe for packing while traveling.



I mixed different prints for these bib style aprons. Pay no attention to all the fabric stashes in the background. While I am knee deep in sewing, my studio gets quite messy. Snips of fabric and thread cover most surfaces.
 This is a new Baby Doll style I worked on today. I love working with the vintage linens...so soft and rich feeling. They sure made beautiful textiles back then (1940's)
I'm thinking, because of the style, these would make great maternity aprons also. 
It is dark now, but just a little while ago my hubby called for me to come outside to see the evening sky. 
 It was beautiful! After a day of warm breezes and fast moving clouds, the most beautiful blue sky appeared.
 Just look at all the blues and turquoise hues.
 And the clouds were magical.

Times like this I wish I was a pilot.
So that was my weekend! I hope yours was as much fun.
Until next time...be kind and stay creative.


5 comments:

Atelier Conti said...

Yummy aprons Janet. The fabric is fabulous. And you can certainly imagine my reactions to your clouds and turquoise blue skies. Manifique!

Annette said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me!!! I really like the baby doll style aprons...they're fun and flirty!

Wanda..... said...

That sky was perfect, we had a morning of clouds like that one day. Loved the snowman!

Along These Lines ... said...

Thanks for the comments, Janet. Yay, I'm your 300th follower!

The LadyBugs Garden said...

I love the apron and bags..the sky photos are just beautiful..Really the snowmen the sisters painted are great...I can just see you two climbing the tree for the vines...LOL
Stephanie
xoxo