Tuesday, January 31, 2012

~Marie Antoinette chalk painted tray~

Hello friends...I'm back and still playing with paint.

I watched Sofia Coppola's Marie Antoinette again the other day.
I love that movie...
the clothes
the hair
the food
the furniture
and then there is 
**Versailles**

What a stunningly beautiful Palace
It put me in a very French mood

Remember the wood tray I painted last week and I told you I had two of them.

This is the smaller of the two.

Well I decided to 'Frenchify' (is that a word?) the 2nd larger one.
I had my brand new preview can of Annie Sloan 
**Antoinette**
Oh my what a gorgeous color!
I like to refer to it as.. 
"A pink for us grown up gals".

Are you ready for Annie's newest color???

Hello Mademoiselle Antoinette!
I know...the police are at the door
because it is a crime to be this beautiful!!!!

I trimmed the tray in Coco
which is the perfect compliment to this stunning pink.

To achieve an antique look, I crackled the ASCP 
(no crackle medium needed)
and finished with clear and dark wax.
I applied extra dark wax in the cracked areas.
To get the crackled look..lay, don't brush, the paint on thickly using the flat side of your 
brush.
Then hit it with your blow dryer on high.
Watch the magic happen.
Try that with latex...I don't think so.

I love this look...instant age.

I would proudly serve little cakes and pastries
 to Marie with this tray.
I think she would approve

**UPDATE**
Maryann from the great blog
The Power of Paint
is featuring my lovely tray this week!
Thanks Maryann!

Domestically Speaking


Until next time...be kind and stay creative.



Now don't you leave without entering my fabulous
Giveaway!!!
It is open until Feb. 8th 2012.
You can find it
HERE

no..not down here....up there..click on the blue word!!

I'll be sharing with these fun blogs:
   
                                                                

28 comments:

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

Love the color and crackle on the tray! That color is yummy!

Kathleen Grace said...

I can't decide which I love more. The green would go better in my home, but the pink almost makes me want to redecorate! Beautiful!

Angie @ thejunkranch said...

Oooooh! I love how they both turned out...interesting texture!

eleven-o-one said...

I hadn't seen that color before. I just love the tray. I so wish I was a "pink" woman. I realized yesterday that I don't own a single piece of clothing in pink and certainly not any furniture. You did a fabulous job on the tray. Antoinette would certainly be happy.

Lady Courtney said...

I LOVE IT!!! I have just the spot for it!!! :) donna

Leslie said...

That's a lovely pink. You are blowing my mind with all the fabulous painting! One of these days I'm going to come up there and maybe we can paint a small project together so you can teach me how. Then I can stock up on all the ASloan paint I need to repaint most of my furniture!!! No joke!

Noble Vintage said...

oh my goodness!!!!! So excited for a nice soft pink from ASCP!! when is this available? I just pinned your "recipe" for crackling- that is so cool. Thanks so much for sharing. I noticed you in the comments at MMS, and was intrigued. Glad I found you! :)

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

I love it!!! I love 'crackling' things with ASCP too. I did a few spots on the nightstands i painted for our room. Love how natural it looks. thanks for sharing. Can't wait to use this color.

fixitfaerie said...

Oh, that is my kind of pink! Love with the coco, and the way you crackled it. Gorgeous

Unknown said...

It's truly beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous color. XO Cindy

a said...

Oh, my. So gorgeous!

Babs said...

The colors are gorgeous and so is your tray. You did a wonderful job with the finish. Thanks for the tip on getting the crackle.
Babs

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Janet, that is delish! I wish I had a place to use that color. Thanks for sharing the crackling tip. Good one to know.

Claire said...

Oh Janet.......what a line "It's a crime to be this beautiful"....... where did you find that? hehe.....

Your tray has turned out to be a delicate beauty..........love the colour used and the thought of it serving cakes and pastries, mmmmmmmm.

This one is definitely my favourite.........is there no end to your creativeness madam.....

Claire x

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

Stunning! I have a chest I want to paint, I crackle painted it years ago, what do you suggest I should do with it? The same?

Gretel said...

Ahh, that is lovely! I love wooden trays, but these were a bit heavy and dull until you worked your magic on them!

DearHelenHartman said...

Those are stunning. I think in DIY circles understand and allow Frenchify. Of course the hungry among us might read that as FrenchFRY and suddenly you have a whole new take on the project!

SewSweetStitches said...

LOOOVE that movie! It was the inspiration for my wedding theme! Lots of feathers, pastels, and aged metallics.
Great paint technique!

☞Kathy Shumate ☜ said...

Hello Janet....you outdo yourself each time! Lovely, simply lovely.

Come by and look at a table and chairs I have....could use some paint if you know what I mean.. LOL

Devon said...

Oh my that is one beautiful try and I will be getting me a can of it when it comes out,,thanks for sharing,,and hope you are having one creative week,,

Debbiedoos said...

What a pretty tray and I love the paint treatment. I came over from Shades of Amber, they are one of my sponsors and I love to see what everyone is painting.

Little Blue Mouse said...

That's gorgeous! I think I like that even better than the green one.

How to Nest for Less said...

Ohmigoodness! That is GORGEOUS!!!

Aprons and More said...

I can't decide which one I like better?! I think I am leaning towards the pink...no wait...the green...oh, they are both beautiful! You do such great work!

Katy:)

Anonymous said...

Died and gone to heaven when I gazed upon that barely blushed tray. WOW!! Gorgeous and dreamy. Love, love, love. :)
I am looking forward to visiting your beautiful page and I am now following on Linky, hope you'll follow too.
Much love!

Amanda said...

What a gorgeous color and a fabulous tray! I look forward to trying out your crackle method, too! Just picked up a sample pot of Antoinette last night! I am so anxious to turn something beautiful with it!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Erin said...

J'adore! What a gorgeous shade of pink--hadn't seen it yet but I may have to take a trip to the local ASCP stockist now... :)

Amy Chalmers said...

I am trying out the new color as we speak on a chair. I love it! YOur tray is beautiful Janet!