Thursday, March 29, 2012

~Jasperware or Annieware?~

Hello friends...happy Thursday !
I feel as though I have been neglecting all of you. 
I am preparing for my BIG weekend with Annie and also fighting off a cold.
I have popped so many Zinc lozenges that I have lost count.   
I do believe they are working because my cold never really peaked.
I am feeling much better after I took one whole day and did nothing but sleep.
My mantra these last few days has been
"I will not be sick..I will not be sick"

So Friday I head to Leesburg to set up for Annie's arrival and Saturday is the big 
I am so excited about meeting all the participants that have registered.
Also to see all my fellow retailers again.  
The Leesburg Workshop is going to be so special because we have a unique treat for Annie to enjoy.
Many of the area retailers will be showcasing a few of their best
 and most creative painted pieces for Annie and all the guests to admire.

Our wonderfully loyal friend
Marian Parsons aka Miss Mustard Seed 
will be displaying one of her inspiring painted pieces.
I can't wait to see what she brings.
I am looking forward to finally seeing Marian and Annie meet each other.
A match made in Heaven!
I feel very honored to also be showcasing a painted piece.

My little Gypsy dresser will be on display 
along with the story I have written about her.
I am in charge of the Leesburg vignettes and because of that 
I have been privy to all the photos of the pieces to be displayed.
Let's just say that this is going to be so special and these artists will knock your socks off!
Many of the pieces will be available for purchase, so be sure to bring an extra check.
You might see something you just HAVE to take home with you.
********
Although I have been super busy and not feeling too well, that has not stopped me from playing with my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ decorative paints.
Time for a little show and tell.

I spotted this Jasperware lamp on an auction site.
It sold for $100.
You might remember the lamp I painted to mimic the look here.

Last week I attended my local SPCA charity Rummage Sale.
Boy...did I find some fabulous bargains!!!
The minute I saw this metal lamp, I knew it was destined for greatness.
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ greatness that is.
Is it perfect or What????

Here she is after two coats of Duck Egg Blue

Then I did a little dry brushing over all the raised details with Old White.
A nice coat of Annie Sloan Clear Soft Wax™
and...

Voila! 
(I love saying Voila!)
Instant Jasperware.

Not too shabby

So ladies...what's your pleasure
The $100.00 lamp...

Or the $11.00 thrifted lamp I picked up at a rummage sale?
Yeah...the shade is thrifted also...cuz that's how we Sloan Rangers roll
;->
You might also be interested to know that I used exactly 3 tablespoons worth of 
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™
With all due respect..You ladies who love your canned spray paint would have used up a whole can of 
that non environment friendly stuff to get the same coverage I achieved. 
And you most likely would have had to spray prime also because it was metal.
I'm guessing $5.00 for the can of paint and another $5.00 at least for a spray can of primer.
I also had no overspray...no odor...worked on my kitchen stovetop and did not have to work outside
I rest my case.
Can you tell I am not a spray paint fan.
Yikes....I probably lost at least 50 spray paint loving followers just now!
Oh well...such is life.
That's it for now...I will most likely not post again until I get back from 
Boston, where I am playing with all my painting friends again.
I am so excited to meet
 Shaunna from Perfectly Imperfect
Jami from Freckled Laundry and
 Amy from Maison Decor 
If you are in the Leesburg,Va
or Boston area come join us!

Until next time...be kind and stay creative!                                               
                                                               

18 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

What fun!! Have a blast!!

Connie in Hartwood said...

OMG!!!! This lamp is so totally fabulous!! I love Wedgwood, and you captured the look PERFECTLY!!

Sure wish I could come play with you and Annie this weekend. other things beckon, so you'll have to tell me all about it next week.

Lady Courtney said...

Another beautiful makeover! Hope you are feeling tons better! And have a blast with Annie!!! Cannot wait to hear (and see, pictures please) all about it!!! donna :)

Kathleen Grace said...

Feel better for your trip Janet! That lamp alone is enough tomake me buy the paint! What an amazing transformation and so beautiful:>)

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hi Janet,
Your lamp is so pretty!

Hope you feel better by Saturday....I'll be there too and hope to meet you and Annie! Can't wait.....woohoo

Beth said...

Gorgeous job on the lamp!

☞Kathy Shumate ☜ said...

Oh, Janet...what are we going to do with you..your brain is stuck in high gear. The Jasperesque lame is simply gorgeous!!! I wish I had the time. But the best I can do is have an eye for what you like and deliver it to you. LOL It goes without saying..you will have a weekend unlike any other. Have fun and soak it all in.

lothlorienoads said...

That's so great. I like your version so much better that the $100 lamp! It's really cute.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Janet, it makes me sick that I am missing Annie in Atlanta today, but hubby is having back surgery in the morning and all we have done this week is run to doctors and hospitals and he had pre op today. Darn!

Amy Chalmers said...

Wowsers, that lamp is a winner Janet! Its truly a great faux!! Can't wait to meet you too~looking forward to the whole event!

AnnieK said...

Ohhh, hope you have a wonderful time, wish this Annie was coming along! Also, that lamp is possibly the coolest diy I have seen in ages.

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

Sounds like an amazing line up! Ya'll have fun, can't wait to hear all about it. I love the lamp!

Fat Loss 4 Idiots said...

I have popped so many Zinc lozenges that I have lost count.

Claire said...

Boy, are you going to have fun Janet........hope you're feeling in tip top condition by now......

I'm sure everyone attending the workshops will be inspired by the pieces you are showcasing.
Love the lamp and the effect you achieved for little $'s.........Duck egg blue, is a firm favourite here...

Have the best weekend, I'm sure it will be full of fun and I look forward to reading all about it.....

Claire X

Maria M. said...

Have a wonderful trip! I hope you feel 100%! :-) Can't wait to hear back from you with the details of how it all went. The lamp looks gorgeous! ;-) And THIS spray paint lover (me) thinks that you've definitely got yourself a point!

NanaDiana said...

I don't know how it is that I have never been a follower before. I found you through Janet (Bungalow) today when she featured your gorgeous dresser...and a picture of you and AnnieS. I am your newest follower and can't wait to check out some of your older posts! xo Diana

Little Blue Mouse said...

The lamp looks gorgeous now!
I hope you're back on form and have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it'ѕ time tо be haρρу.
I've read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!

my site: www.bet365.com