Saturday, August 25, 2012

Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint 'CHIPPY' Video

Hello friends..
Hope you are all well and ready to enjoy the weekend.
I have been super busy at  The Empty Nest and I am so sorry if I have been a little AWOL on all of your lovely blogs.
I need and 8th day in my week!

I started painting an old dresser using
 Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint
in Ironstone.
Ironstone is a clean linen white, however I was having a bit of trouble
with the chipping process.
Especially the 'chipping before the second coat' occurrence. 
Well Marian's ears must have been burning, because her newest video
talks about this very thing!
Marian's video answered every question I was having...
Thank you for being a mind reader Miss Mustard Seed
Oh great.......one more thing she is good at...
SHEESH!


I hope you enjoyed this video and I know it will help you to be more confident when you tackle your first piece of milk paint furniture.
Until next time...be kind and stay creative!

                                                                  

6 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Too much peeling on a chest I did is what I had and it is funny I did just what she said. I vacuumed off the piece and brushed another coat on over some of the bare areas. You can see it in a recent post of mine. I love the way it turned out.

NanaDiana said...

Just in time! Hope it turned out perfectly - xo Diana

None said...

I have been painting with milk paint for awhile. One thing I learned, if you want the "chippy" look and the wood is too pourous or dry it tends to soak up the paint. I use my ASCP soft wax and wax the areas I want to chip let the wax harden overnight, paint the next day and it chips off lovely. MMS video was a great video for a beginner. For me milk paint is a love hate relationship. I am loving the lucketts green

None said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Chalmers said...

We did a table today in our shop in the ironstone. I only did one coat as I was looking for more of a washed look. It chipped off perfectly, but I prefer to use a sanding sponge than a putty knife.

Jennifer Juniper said...

YOu are super busy! What a great position to be in!