Wednesday, June 26, 2013

~ Just in time for Summer...Hello English Yellow! ~

Hello friends
It's here...it's here!!!!
for months now I have been admiring, swooning over and finally lusting after 
the gorgeous color English Yellow from the 
Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan palette.
Well lust no more...
Shipments of English Yellow are beginning to arrive at the doors of all the Chalk Paint® Stockist around the USA and Canada.
The Empty Nest received ours yesterday!!!
As soon as Dave, our Fed-Ex guy delivered it, I had to pop open a can.
Gazing into the open can was like watching the summer sun rise.

I immediately painted a sample board so all my customers could fall in love along with me.
I particularly fell in love with English Yellow paired with Annie's Soft Dark Wax...
can you hear my heart beating????

courtesy anniesloan.com
Pick up a copy of Annie Sloan's newest book, Color Recipes for Painted Furniture and she will show you how to create new colors using her new yellow.
This is how Annie Sloan describes her English Yellow

"This clean yellow was particularly popular in English 18th century decoration inspired by hand painted Chinese wallpaper and the development of Chrome Yellow pigment. It was the first no  earthy yellow and a first would be very expensive. In the 1950's this yellow became popular as a strong primrose.It can be mixed with Antibes Green to make a lime green."
I already have a piece all pick out for this lovely new color.
Want to get your hands on some 
English Yellow?
Visit your local Stockist and if you are not sure who that is, please go to 
anniesloanunfolded.com 
or


If you are local to 
The Empty Nest
come visit and grab a can for yourself.
Until next time...be kind and stay creative!

                                                          

8 comments:

Lady Courtney said...

I NEED!

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

I love yellow! Just beautiful!

~Kim

NanaDiana said...

Oh, Janet- What a pretty, pretty color. It looks like soft sunshine. A perfect yellow! xo Diana

The LadyBugs Garden said...

Beautiful yellow. It always make me feel happy feeling..
xo
Stephanie

Jennifer Juniper said...

I love this yellow color - I have blue furniture in my living room I've always hated (I bought it while 8 months pregnant, go figure) but it has a thin yellow stripe...hmmmm...

RoseMary said...

Found your shop on a walk up and down main street, after having breakfast at Hidden Julles Cafe, on July 4th. We are new to the area and hope to be back soon.

NanaDiana said...

Hi Janet- Just wanted you to know that I am mentioning your name on my blog tomorrow when I do the Romantic Homes July issue blurb. Hope you had a wonderful 4th. xo Diana

Libby said...

I love love love this color! Had heard it was available, but seeing is truly believing. And paired with the dark wax: stunning. I will go over to my "stockist" in Mebane and get some!