Monday, May 26, 2014

~ Me and Annie Sloan....fun in New Orleans ~

Hello friends....I know...I know....last post, I promised to be better at blogging.
Ugh......I have been having such a case of writer's block.
No problem with Facebook or Instagram and Pinterest
Just this blog!
Want to know what I have been up to?
Well......recently I hopped a plane
Enjoyed my window seat and the gorgeous views...
Landed here......New Orleans
AND PLAYED WITH HER!!!!!!
The one and only
 Annie Sloan!
My favorite photo of Annie.
She saw me taking her picture and gave me a sweet impish smile.
This is typical Annie...so very real.
Annie did a fabulous presentation on the color wheel and color mixing.
I could listen to her talk for hours on this subject...she knows her stuff.
April James of April James Interiors, Utah and me
I got to hang with some pretty sweet and talented fellow Stockists.
At the first evenings reception, the room was surrounded
by lamps sporting handcrafted shades.
On every single shade I saw..
images like this..
and this....
and this.....
Another Stockist pointed out to me that I was on every shade.
top photo
Karen Donnelly and Patty Seaman(Classic Wall Finishes)
and Bahia Akerle (On The Purple Couch)
Many of my good friends had their smiling faces on the shades also.
That's Amy Chalmers of the fab design blog


My fellow Stockists
Adri Saenz(The Netherlands), Kathie Jordan (Canada) and Michelle Gallant(Canada)

Ms. Amy again having what she lovingly calls
'Miller Time'
after a good sales day at Maison Decor.
One of my favorite people to see again was this little lady
Sweet Willow, Annie Sloan's new granddaughter. If I could have stuffed her in my carry on, I would have.
Love this photo of Willow and her beautiful and talented Mum, Lizzy Brown.
Lizzy and Felix Manuel, Annie's son and Willow's father, 
are the crackerjack team behind the wonderful marketing of the Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan brand.
Annie's family is very much involved in the whole business and it is a joy to watch them interact.
That is just a taste of what I have been up to lately.
Many more photos of New Orleans and the Conference to come in future posts.
For now I will say good bye and remind you to...
be kind and stay creative!

                                                  

No comments: