Monday, July 3, 2023

Today is the day!


 
Hello friends, as my title proclaims…
Today is the day!
After many struggles, trying different ways and not seeing results and after much research, I have decided to try 
Intermittent Fasting.
I will start by simply fasting two days a week…Mondays and Thursdays. The remainder of the week I may eat whatever I want. Although I prefer and eat a diet heavy on fresh vegetables, healthy proteins and fruits, I am NOT forbidding any certain foods. Moderation is key.
I think I can do this, let’s face it, it’s not much different than fasting before bloodwork or some medical procedures. I never have a problem adhering to those fasting days.
I’ve noticed that as I have gotten older (I’ll be 69 in August), it has become so much harder to drop a few pounds.
The belly fat seems to be especially stubborn and I already know my Cortisol levels are high. 
Cortisol is that pesky thing that makes loosing weight so difficult for many of us.
I’m being honest here because I know many of you can relate and won’t judge me.
Posting here is really more of a way to document this for myself.
Make me more accountable I guess.
So let’s see how I do, I hope you cheer me on as I try to be successful.
It’s also important to state that I am not try to loose weight to be more stylish or to fit into the mold of what society says I should look like.
I want to be healthier, comfortable in my own skin and live many more active years.
I don’t feel healthy or comfortable today.
I want to change that without giving up the pure joy of eating good food.
So that’s the post today…Intermittent fasting.
Here is something for those of you who came here to see pretty things.
Charcoal and watercolor whimsical portrait 

The White Cliffs of Dover
Sketchbook Watercolor

Impressionistic acrylic landscape

That’s it for today…be well everyone and please wish me success.
Hugs,
Janet xx 


No comments: