Friday, December 19, 2008

First Felted Miniatures

Hello everyone, I have been playing around with my felting needles today and have taken some photos of the results...you be the judge. It is very time consuming, but very therapeutic...what with all that jabbing with the very sharp needle.If you pretend you are jabbing at someone you are upset with, it goes quite quickly :) I really like my little sheep, with her little sprig of holly behind her ear.
 The weather was dreadful today, cold and rainy. I broke my last felting needle, went to my favorite yarn shop for a new one, of course they were out of felting needles. You know that since I was there already, I HAD to look around. Went in looking for one felting needle and left with a stash of yarn. THEY GET ME EVERY TIME!!! I must admit, most of it was 50% off. 
Then I had to drive in the poring rain to Hunt Country Yarns, in The Plains,Va. YES....they had needles and yes you guessed it I left with the needles and more yarn. DARN...THEY GOT ME AGAIN! I think I need a twelve step program for my addiction.
 I talked to my family in New York today and they were having a snow storm, I was sooooo jealous. I love snow, but then I do not have to drive in it. My husband commutes and he hates it in the snow. I made my snowman to make up for the fact we have no snow here in Virginia.
 Well I probably will spend the weekend baking for the holidays. I usually make enough cookies every Christmas to feed a small army. I am soooo behind this year. Every year I try to cut back and relax more during the holidays, but never do. Maybe this is the year I scale back my cookie production. We'll see how the weekend goes, I will let you know monday. I will be whipping up some wonderful cream cheese pound cakes with dried cranberries and mini chocolate chips. So good with a cup of coffee or tea. I have posted the recipe for anyone who would like to try it. It is yummy and so versatile. You can add pretty much anything you want to it. Any kind of dried fruit, nuts or chips work well. I make them in mini loaf pans and give them as gifts with small bags of coffee and assorted tea bags.
 Well enjoy my new photos and I hope you try the pound cake. Remember to take time to enjoy the season and if the weather permits...build a snowman for me.

 *****CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE*****
1 1/2 CUPS BUTTER(NO SUBSTITUTES)ROOM TEMP
1 PACKAGE CREAM CHEESE ROOM TEMP
2 1/3 CUPS SUGAR
6 EGGS ROOM TEMP
3 CUPS ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
T TSP REAL VANILLA EXTRACT
In large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese. Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy, about 5-7 min. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Gradually add flour, just until blended. Stir in vanilla. Stir in nuts or other add-ins at this point. Pour into mini pans or 10in. tube pan. Bake at 300 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours or until cake test done. Cool 15 min. before removing from pan. Cool completely     

No comments: