Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Monday thrifting for handpainted porcelain in Warrenton, Virginia!

Hello friends...hope you had a good start to your week. 
I started my week by visiting my favorite local thrift shop. 
Fauquier Community Thrift is the thrift shop associated with our local food bank.      
I love shopping there because every penny
 goes to feed the hungry here in Virginia. 
No big corporate salaries, just food for those in need.

 I was stopped in my tracks when I spotted this sweet handpainted porcelain vase. The beautiful soft blues, greens and palest of pinks on the petals.

Isn't she gorgeous??
This vase was signed by the artist and her name was Jane Orme.
Dear Jane, you did a beautiful job. 
It will be perfect for my summer garden flowers.
 The second treasure I spotted was this pretty hand painted porcelain egg box.
The gorgeous Duck Egg color...Oh, My!
Stems of blue forget-me-nots are sprinkled over the top of the box.

 Sadly this sweet porcelain egg was not signed, so I have no idea who painted her.

The porcelain egg itself was made in Germany.

I just love finding these little treasures and giving them a good home.
What do you look for when you go thrifting?
I would love for you to share in a comment what you love thrifting for.

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog posts by entering your e-mail address in the box at the top right of this page.
You don't want to miss the fun.
Until next time.....be kind and stay creative!
Hugs,
Janet xox


No comments: