Thursday, March 29, 2018

Meeting a friend for tea, watercolor roses and Iron Orchid Design stamps

Hello friends...welcome back. 
Slowly but surely my many friends from Facebook are finding their way here to my blog. I'm happy about that. 
Well what have I been up to this week, you ask?
Monday I met my former shop manager Carol at a local tea house for a nice cup of tea. It was a dreary, rainy day and hot tea with good company was the perfect fix.
It is still dreary, cold and wet so I have been spending lot's of time in my cozy home studio.

I am teaching my first ever 
painting workshop in April.
Happy to say that 8 out of the 10 seats have sold within 2 days of posting!
Click HERE to get in on the fun before they are all sold out!
We can't wait to see you at

I had fun using Iron Orchid Designs 
typography stamps to add some inspirational words to my wreath.
Want to try IOD stamps? 
Click HERE to find a local Stockist, you will love them.

 My students will be learning to paint some fun leaf designs also.
It should be a very fun Workshop.

 I also have been playing with loose style watercolor painting. Using lot's of water for soft illusional florals. It is my favorite style of painting.
I love how just a little tweaking here and there can change the 
look of a painting.
Above is a loose rose study.

Same painting, however, this one has some paint splatters and I added some darker colors for contrast.
It may not be for everyone, but I adore a beautiful loose floral.

My final painting was a fun and very lose design 
 of pink delphinium.
So much fun to just let loose and play with the paint.
So here we are midweek and that is what I have been up to.
Leave me a comment and tell me what you are up to!

Until next time....be kind and stay creative.
Hugs,
Janet xox

No comments: