Tuesday, October 16, 2018

New York Art Fairs and painted roses....

Where have I been and what have I been up to you ask?

 In late September, I was honored to be asked to give painting demo's using Annie Sloan paint.
The event,  'The Purple Painted Lady Art Festival', is held on a farm in Palmyra, NY every year.
Steven and Trisha, owners of The Purple Painted Lady and the beautiful farm are the hosts.

I showed attendees how to achieve assorted rustic patinas in addition to the wet wax technique.
I also helped take the mystery out of using all the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint waxes.
It was very well received and tons of fun.
This is a top-notch artisan fair and absolutely worth the drive.
Thank you for the invite, Trish....Can't wait for next year!

  *********
I have also been spending many enjoyable hours in my home studio.
Acrylics, watercolor, and oils... I have been playing with it all.


Who says pumpkins have to be orange??

The Red Kite




What do you think?
I seem to have paintings and watercolors piling up around me!!
Well, that's it for today.


Until next time.....be kind and stay creative.
Hugs,
                                                               

No comments: