Thursday, October 8, 2020

It's NEVER too early for holiday winter decor!! My handcrafted old world Santas

Hello friends, as always, I am so happy to have you here.
Today I want to share my old world Santas that I am creating in my studio.
These cute little guys have been so much fun to create. 
They started out as small cardboard cones and little bottle brush trees.
This sweet Santa was created using five mini bottle brush trees, silvered stars, vintage Santa images, and cotton batting. He hangs from a gold cord. 
He will be so festive hanging from a 
pine bough this holiday season.

It is always fun to rummage through my many tubs of vintage trimmings as I create the victorian look of my Santas. Cotton batting, felted wool from thrifted sweaters, paper ephemera, chenille stems, German glass glitter, trimmings, and more.
A majority of the components are handcrafted, the Santa bodies,
 arms, coats, trimmed hoods, burlap sacks, etc.

I really love how they turned out. 

All my holiday creations will eventually be headed to my little shop 
~Merci Belle Mère~
inside
The Fox Den Antiques Mall
in Warrenton, Va.
If you are local, be sure to pop in and check us out.
Until next time......be kind and stay creative


No comments: