Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Dear social media……we need to break up! AKA, why I’m deleting my Meta (Facebook/Instagram) accounts.

Hello my lovelies, yes I know it’s been way too long since I’ve visited my little blog. 
As they say in Korea….
Gamsahamnida!!
(I’m sorry)


 I offer this little bird as a diversion from my admitted absence.
Is it working?
So about the title of this post…..
Yes, I have decided to walk away from my Meta accounts.
Why you may wonder?
Here are some of the many reasons…
1.Last year my Instagram account was hacked by a Nigerian bitcoin scam artist
2. I contacted Instagram for help in recovering my artist account, they instructed me to create a “selfie video” using a link they sent me. Following their instructions, I created my video, sent it to them and……
THEY REJECTED IT!
SERIOUSLY?
How about you ask that scam artist to create a selfie video to prove his identity?
3. I lost over 4,000 hard earned followers…SNAP, JUST LIKE THAT!
4. Fast forward to this month and my little 400 followers account is hacked AGAIN!
Before you ask…YES, I was signed up for a two step verification safety feature…NO, it apparently didn’t work.
5. I’m incredibly aggravated and beyond tired of dealing with this company. Meta only seems to care about its customers if they are making money off of them.

Here is another pretty image,
 because I’m getting mad all over again and this is like taking a deep breath.
Ahhhhhh…..much better.
Now where was I?
Oh yes...Meta.
So anyway, that is why in a nutshell, I am done with Instagram and Facebook and all of their ever changing algorithms. 
I know everyone has their own reasons for being on these platforms, I understand many of you love it and it works for you. That is fantastic and I wish you continued success, really I do.
But ...I'm done.
I have deleted the apps from my phone and I can't tell you how freeing that felt. 
I still find myself instinctively picking up my phone and then remembering they are not there any more.
It will take some time to get used to, but I'm ready.
I will remain on 
 and here on Blogger 
Their algorithms give me no problems.

Here is another pretty painting because.....
well, just because I can!
So there you have it, my reasons for leaving Meta.
If you would like to keep an eye on me and follow my creative shenanigans, 
you are forever welcomed here.
I will try to be better at posting.
Thank you all so much for being my cyber friends, I truly appreciate all of you.
I'll leave you with one more pretty image until next time.

Everyday is a good day to be kind.
Hugs,
Janet xox

No comments: