Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Handcrafted Old World Santa and Snowman using paper machè cones

Hello friends, welcome back.
Last time I told you that I would show you what I did with some small paper machè cones I purchased from 
                                                                             
I started by hot glueing small Styrofoam balls to the top point.
Then I painted the cones white.
Using wool sheeting, (cotton batting works also) I created a hooded coat for Santa. More wool sheeting and a pipe cleaner was used for Santa's arms.
Doll hair for his beard and a paper Santa face from the internet brought him to life.

I trimmed him in gold vintage style tinsel ribbon. 
Santa is holding a glittered star and a tiny bottle brush tree.
Easy and fun!

Next up is a darling cone snowman.

 
Mr. Snowman is a paper cone with a small styrofoam ball glued on as his head
.
He was covered in Snow-Tex and air dried, until snow 
was hard.

Then I made his top hat from an old thrifted and felted black sweater.
His bow scarf matches his hat trim. 
A piece of a chop stick painted orange makes the perfect snowman nose.

I trimmed his base using the same vintage style gold tinsel ribbon as I used on Santa.
Amazing the holiday fun you can have with paper cones! 
Use them as a tree topper on a small tree or on your holiday dinner table.
These sweet holiday creations look festive sitting on a shelf or windowsill.

I'll showcase more handcrafted ornaments in my next post, so please come back and visit again.
Until next time.
As the Koreans are fond of saying.....stay healthy, eat good and sleep well!
Hugs,
Janet xx

No comments: