Monday, August 23, 2010

Hello friends...I have been gone for one week and it seems like an eternity! My hubby and I took a full week off and enjoyed a much needed (hubby especially) holiday. I have loads of photos and much to say, but the refridgerator needs restocking and the three acres needs mowing. To tide you over I am going to post a sneak peak at where I was...Enjoy...............
I love lighthouses....
Interesting coastlines...
Watching the boats come and go..............
And I'm not the only one.......
Little seaside cottages.....
I'll give you a hint...what do Mick Jagger, Andy Warhol, Billy Joel and myself have in common....we all spent time at 'The End'.

7 comments:

Gretel said...

Good to have you back! Lovely photos, that lighthouse!! I loved your little sea videos on FB, looking forward to more seasidey goodness. :)

Annette said...

Can't wait to see and hear more!

Sweet Birdy Love said...

Hey Janet, hope you had a lovely, relaxing week away.
I couldn't solve the riddle,so will have to stay tuned to find out where you went.
Bet you found lots of inspiration, the photos are lovely.
Glad to hear it's cooling down a little bit. Still raining here and still loving every minute of it.

Claire X

Kelly Ann said...

When we were first married I found a little light house just like the first picture..and now when we watch Royal Pains on TV they always show a shot coming from the water of the lighthouse...spending time on the island...hope you had a blast..

Anonymous said...

great photos...envy...wish i was there NOW
welcome back to blogger world :D

~victoria~

SewSweetStitches said...

Beautiful photos!

marsha melkonian said...

hi, just wandered into your posts, from another comment you made on facebook - I arrange a lot of craft shows here in Warrenton, you shoudl bring your things there - Fauquier High School NOv 13 is santa's village, and then nov 20 is the Fauquier Women craft and business expo (formerly Business and Professional Women BPW) let me know if you want an application for a spot. your little clutches are gorgeous!

Marsha Melkonian - marshamelk@hotmail.com

ps - my husband and i spent a week on long island too, i was teaching a class and he wandered around and shot photos like you! we also saw a lot of hoodoos recently out at bryce canyon.