Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Easy and delicious Gluten Free, Paleo, Keto, low carb and sugar free bread recipe!

Hello friends....welcome back to my little corner of the internet world.
Today I want to share an easy recipe with you.
For the past few months, my hubby and I have been trying our best to eat healthier.
We have cut out processed sugar and bad carbs.
Lots of good meats, salads, and fresh veggies.
However, what we have missed the most is
BREAD!

Well, we suffer from bread withdrawal no longer!!! 
I have been searching the internet for good bread recipes and I have found a few really tasty ones.
The website
and it's lovely blog hostess Maya, has a ton of wonderful recipes.
For my first bread recipe, I chose the Easy Paleo-Keto-Low carb-Sugar Free bread recipe.
On my first try, I followed the recipe exactly and the results were very good. My hubby and son loved it.

 This bread has a nice texture, was slightly on the eggy side and similar to a tea loaf style bread.
The bread sliced nicely and held it's shape in the toaster.
Please keep in mind, this bread is not your high carb crusty artisan-style bread.
I try to enjoy it as just a new bread recipe and accept it for what it is and not what it is a substitute for.

All in all, I was happy with the bread and baked it three more times with very consistent results.

Baking it on parchment paper makes for easy cleanup.

I mean seriously....does this look like I am suffering in my eating??

Hello Breakfast!
I did a little reading and found out that by adding 1 teaspoon, per cup of flour used, of Xanthan Gum, I could improve the texture.
Xanthan Gum is a natural product used in foods as a binding and thickening agent.
It worked like a charm!
This recipe calls for two cups of Almond flour, so I added two teaspoons of Xanthan Gum. 
I also like my bread with a very light sweetness to them, so I added one teaspoon sweetener.
Something like Truvia or Erythritol can be used.
It did the trick with no negative effect on the results.

So for all of you trying to curb your bad carbs and eat healthier...
this recipe is for you! 
Let me know if you give it a try.

RECIPE
2 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup Psyllium Husk powder
1 tbsp Gluten Free baking powder (make sure it is fresh!)
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp Xanthan Gum (optional)
1 tsp sweetner (optional)
4 large beaten eggs
1/4 coconut oil (measure solid and melt)
1/2 cup warm water
**
preheat oven to 350 degrees F
line loaf pan with parchment paper as seen in the photo
In a large bowl, stir together almond flour, pysillium husk powder, baking powder and salt
Stir in beaten eggs and melted coconut oil, and finally warm water.
Spoon into baking dish and form a rounded top.
Bake 55-70 minutes, until toothpick tests clean.
Top should be very hard and crusty.
Cool and remove from pan.
Enjoy!

Sunday morning poached eggs with corned beef...yes, please!

Delicious!
I am so happy to know that I do not have to suffer a new eating plan without bread.
I also baked up an earthy loaf using chestnut flour and I will be sharing that recipe in another post.
I have really been enjoying testing a variety of gluten-free, Paleo and Keto recipes and with the exception of one (disastrous Chocolate Chip cookie) have been pretty happy with the taste.
Keep in mind...even though these recipes are healthier, that does NOT mean you can gorge.
Moderation...always moderation.
However, I no longer feel deprived.
That will help me stay the course.
That's it for today.


Until next time....be kind and stay creative.
Hugs,
Janet xox

No comments: