Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Iron Orchid Designs table restyle...Let there be ROSES!!

 Happy Wednesday friends!! 
As I continue to put together my new IOD shop in the Fox Den Antiques Mall, I wanted to be sure to use the products on a few pieces that will inspire customers.

I purchased this wood/metal side table from my fellow shop owner, Carol.
I thought it would be perfect for a transfer.



 Here is the before photo
 Here is the After!
 I created a custom red paint color. Annie Sloan Burgundy/Barcelona Orange and English Yellow. I painted the whole piece...wood and the metal.  

The transfers have a printed grid on the clear backing, which helps with placement.
 I chose the floral IOD transfer called 'Wallflower'. It has gorgeous colors and a sweet variety of flowers and greenery. It is one of my favorite designs.
The transfer was super easy to apply ...just position and start rubbing with the burnishing tool.
 My custom red mix looks great with this transfer.
 Looking good so far.
Miss Carmen photo bomb!
 I love how I am able to use the whole transfer at once, or pick and choose which parts of a design I want to use. I had some leftover after this project for another one later.
 I also used some IOD stamps to create pretty French farmhouse style curtains for my shop.
I used the cute sheep from the IOD Farm animal stamp and IOD ink.
The ticking stripe is Annie Sloan Burgundy.
 Love how easy this was.
So many great designs to pick from.
Come by the shop and check them out!
355 W. Shirley Ave.
Fox Den Antiques Mall
Warrenton, Va

Until next time.....be kind and stay creative!
Hugs,

No comments: