Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Why art playtime is so important...watercolor floral fun

Hello friends. If you are new here, welcome and I hope you visit often. If you are already a reader of my little blog, so happy to have to visit again. You are all appreciated.

This short post is going to be about the importance of sitting down and simply playing with color and technique.
 At least once a day, I just sit and start mixing and blending my paint colors. I really enjoy watching beautiful new colors appear on my paper or canvas.
All these beautiful hues and color blends you see in these three photos were purely accidental.

I just let loose and started blending pinks, gold, and purples.

I mixed greens with blues and yellows to create pretty greenery and foliage.
My advice to those of you who are wanting to explore painting is to be open and free.
Don't try to control the paint or color. Let them blend and dance with each other.
You might dislike the outcome....or you just might be joyfully surprised.
Always remember, it is never about the final product, but always about the creative process.
If the process is not enjoyable, the final product will always fail.
Now go play with paint!
Until next time.....be kind and stay creative.









No comments: